Extracting numbers from Sharepoint generates zeros

Mar 10, 2010 at 3:30 PM

Hi,

First of all, this is my first post here. I am from Germany and using the Sharepoint List Adapters for my Master-Thesis.

I have encountered a problem when extracting numbers from a Sharepoint List. If I have the number, let's say, 160, in Sharepoint it is viewed as 160. But when I load the list in SSIS, converting the number from DT_R8 to any other data type (I tried numeric, int, unicode), it fills the number with zeroes, so the result in my SQL-table is something like 160000000000000.

That is a huge problem. Did anyone yet encounter the same problem and has a solution for it? I saw a discussion about problems with numeric to float conversion here, but it was for writing into a Sharepoint list and not this way.

If you need more information, please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks in advance.

Boris

May 24, 2012 at 10:45 AM

I have the same problem

have you found a solution ?

Oct 18, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Edited Oct 18, 2013 at 2:05 PM
Hi,

we had the same problem, but I think we found a solution.

We use the german version of SharePoint 2007 and that's why we changed the "SharePointCulture" setting in the "Compnent Properties" tab of the SharePoint List Source to "de-DE". It seems, that this was the problem.
When we changed it back to "en-US", the numbers were formated correctly without zeros at the end. However, it seems that the culture setting has no other impact, as Date values are correctly transfered even through the culture missmatch.

Sebastian