Exception when trying to re-add a column mapping to list source

Jun 4, 2010 at 4:47 PM
Edited Jun 4, 2010 at 4:51 PM

I am using the SharePoint List Source component and it has been working perfectly until I tried to re-add an output column that I had removed.

I had removed the column mappings for a number of unwanted columns and removed the related output columns from the Input and Output properties.

I then decided that I needed one of the columns that I had removed. So I added an output column and mapped it to the SharePoint column. However, when I click OK, I get an exception:

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0xC0048004): Exception from HRESULT: 0xC0048004
  at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.Wrapper.IDTSCustomPropertyCollection90.get_Item(Object Index)
  at Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointListSource.<ValidateSharePointColumns>b__4(IDTSOutputColumns90 col)
  ::: A number of Linq calls which I haven't included as I can't copy/paste the whole message :::
  at Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointListAdapters.SharePointListSource.ValidateSharePointColumns()
  at Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointListAdapters.SharePointListSource.Validate()

I am using the version of the SharePoint List adapter for SQL 2005 uploaded yesterday and using a SharePoint document library as the source list rather than a custom list - not sure if this makes any difference.

I just noticed that the existing output columns have a custom property Id; whereas my new output column doesn't have this property!

Thanks

Andy

Coordinator
Jun 5, 2010 at 5:08 AM
You cannot re-add a column manually, sorry. If you remove too many fields, you need to refresh the list (get them all in again), and then restart deleting the ones you do not want. If you renamed a field, it will retain the renamed name to make it easier. The custom property id is key, and that is loaded from SharePoint. You can try to fill that in yourself, but you would be better off just reloading and redelete.