Datetime Issues with SQL 2005 Destination Adapter

Jun 11, 2010 at 3:22 PM

I am having some problems with the datetime handling in the SQL 2005 version of the destination adapter where only the date part is being stored in SharePoint; the time is being stored as 00:00.

I can see old issue items about this problem (#9764, #12013) and that this should be fixed in the latest version.

Should the latest version for SQL 2005 include these fixes? Using Reflector, it doesn't seem as though the fix to replace the space with a T in the datetime string is included in the SQL 2005 version.

Thanks

Jun 12, 2010 at 3:28 AM

I'm glad you checked reflector. You don't see it in the latest drop? It should definitely be in there.  I'll double-check and see what happened in the packaging. Thanks for reporting this.

Sep 20, 2013 at 10:17 PM
I see this resolved issue is over three years old now and appears to have been addressed. Nevertheless I am having the same issue. Keep in mind I just downloaded the adapaters last week so presumably I'd have the latest or very recent.

SELECT LEFT(mmatter, 5) AS [Client#], RIGHT(mmatter, 8) AS [Matter#], '2011-03-04T00:00:00.000' AS [Effective Date] FROM dbo.MG_LitHoldBackup WHERE mmatter LIKE '11669.0166%'

SSIS: Error: 0x0 at Data Flow Task, SharePoint List Destination: Error on row ID="1": 0x8102001c - Invalid Date/Time value in the data being updated.

So as you can see I am supplying the date as an expression. Things I've already tried:

Cast/Convert the string to a datetime value. Even Converted is as ISO8601 using the Convert/Style argument of 126.
Using, and not using an SSIS Data Conversion step inbetween in the input and output to convert the string to Unicode DT_WSTR

Any ideas of what I might be doing wrong or missing? Thanks.