Sharepoint List Source can't connect to other Data Flow objects

Jul 2, 2010 at 3:29 PM
I have installed the components. I see them in my toolbox. When I select the Sharepoint List Source Data Flow Source and place on the designer, it has an error stating "Sharepoint URL has not been set". Funny thing is all I see in the properties is : Description, ID and Name. I have seen more properties for this object on a different install. Also, there is not a green or red arrow given to me to connect to another Data Flow object. Any ideas what is going on here? Thanks for any help.
Coordinator
Jul 13, 2010 at 1:37 PM

Uninstall the components you're using and install the Beta components. In there, you can create two SPCRED Connection managers, one for each set of logins - then assign them as such in the dataflows with the rest of what you have.

You do not have to redo your package, it should upgrade your package with the new components (minus the connection managers)

Jul 13, 2010 at 9:36 PM
Thanks for the response. I uninstalled the components. Now I have installed SSIS Sharepoint List Adapters in my add/remove programs. In my gac, I have SharepointListAdapters and SharepointListConnectionManager. Also, I am running 2003 Windows Server 64 bit with 2 drives c and e. I am also running SQL Server 2005 and 2008 64 bit on this box. When i open BIDS and choose Tools, Choose Toolbox Items, I don't see an option to select the Sharepoint List Source and Destination in the Data Flow tab. Also, I click on connection mgr and do not see an option for SPCRED Connection managers. Thanks for any help.
Coordinator
Aug 3, 2010 at 6:47 AM

I've heard that often in the installer when you give it the path, sometimes people give it the path to the program files location - but you need to give it the path to program files (x86) as that is where the Dev environment designer is installed from (as it is a 32 bit app).  

Dec 15, 2010 at 11:12 PM

Kevin i'm having the same issue on a 64bit machine
When i load my BIDs project i don't see  an option to select the Sharepoint List Source and Destination in the Data Flow tab.

Also i had an old package that i believed didn't have the SPCRED (which i believe is was for sql server 2005)option and it was working before.
Now when i installed the new adapters and try to load the package in sql server to schedule a job i get error:

The package failed to load due to error 0xC0010014 "One or more error occurred. There should be more specific errors preceding this one that explains the details of the errors.

This message is used as a return value from functions that encounter errors.". This occurs when CPackage::LoadFromXML fails.

Can you help please

Coordinator
Feb 22, 2011 at 4:43 AM

Are you still having issues? I would like to get the beta promoted but have noticed some people indicating there are some issues with them.