Does this work for Sharepoint 2010?

Sep 13, 2010 at 11:07 PM

Appears to be NOT.

Any one tried with SP2010?

Sep 14, 2010 at 3:32 PM

Yep. It was even used during the Sharepoint 2009 conference (with SharePoint 2010)

What kind of error are you seeing?

Sep 14, 2010 at 5:30 PM

[SharePoint List Destination [43]] Error: System.ServiceModel.Security.MessageSecurityException: The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'Ntlm'. The authentication header received from the server was 'NTLM'. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Server stack trace:
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelUtilities.ValidateAuthentication(HttpWebRequest request, HttpWebResponse response, WebException responseException, HttpChannelFactory factory)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelUtilities.ValidateRequestReplyResponse(HttpWebRequest request, HttpWebResponse response, HttpChannelFactory factory, WebException responseException, ChannelBinding channelBinding)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.RequestChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)
   at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)
   at Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointUtility.ListsService.ListsSoap.GetListAndView(GetListAndViewRequest request)
   at Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointUtility.ListsService.ListsSoapClient.ListsService_ListsSoap_GetListAndView(GetListAndViewRequest request)
   at Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointUtility.ListsService.ListsSoapClient.GetListAndView(String listName, String viewName)
   at Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointUtility.Adapter.ListsAdapter.GetSharePointList(String listName, String viewId)
   at Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointUtility.Adapter.ListsAdapter.GetSharePointFields(String listName, String viewId)
   at Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointUtility.ListServiceUtility.GetFields(Uri sharepointUri, String listName, String viewName)
   at Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointListAdapters.SharePointListDestination.GetAccessibleSharePointColumns(String sharepointUrl, String listName, String viewName)
   at Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointListAdapters.SharePointListDestination.ValidateSharePointColumns()
   at Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointListAdapters.SharePointListDestination.Validate()
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostValidate(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper100 wrapper)

Sep 14, 2010 at 5:32 PM

I am running a huge sql and increased the timeout/connection to 6000 secs. The Sharepoint farm setup is SharePoint AppServer on one box, SQL Content DB on another box, WebServer on another box.

If you need further info, please let me know. I have used the adapters for 2007 without any issues.

Ramesh

Sep 14, 2010 at 8:50 PM

Never mind. I made it to work.

Increased the Default Buffer Max Rows and Increased the connection timeout figure in advanced mode.

Works fine. Thanks for the splendid job.

Jan 30, 2011 at 11:16 PM

Hi Rameshusa,

I have this same error message.

Can you please give me more details on how to change the Default Buffer Max Rows and Increased the connection timeout figure in advanced mode?

Do i go into properties of the data flow to change the default buffer max rows and the sharepointlistadapter connection properties to change the connection time out?

Thank you

Jan 30, 2011 at 11:17 PM

Hi Rameshusa,

I have this same error message.

Can you please give me more details on how to change the Default Buffer Max Rows and Increased the connection timeout figure in advanced mode?

Do i go into properties of the data flow to change the default buffer max rows and the sharepointlistadapter connection properties to change the connection time out?

Thank you

Jan 31, 2011 at 2:32 AM

Hi Doorag,

Right Click on Source, Show Advanced Properties, Click on Component Properties and
Set commandtimeout to higher value desired.

Also, change the default buffer max rows to higher value in the sharepointlistadapter.

However, if the rows are higher than 2000 etc, you may have to configure the thershold limit in Central admin for the list at the site collection level.

Send me a mail if you need further help on this.

All the best,

Ramesh

Jan 31, 2011 at 2:34 AM

Hi Doorag,

If you are bringing high amount of rows, then you may have to delete the list and bring it through custom list. I have written a C# code to do it. You may search for spdeletelist in the search.

If you cannto find it, please let me know.

ramesh

Feb 22, 2011 at 5:09 AM

If you are brinigng in a high amount of rows, then it supports paging and using a smaller batch size should actually work better as the responses will be smaller and it will work through the batch better (less memory)

That error I've seen many times but unfortunately am unable to track it down. I have heard some have gotten rid of it by not using a DNS to their Sharepoint, but instead use the direct machine name.