Credentials

Oct 13, 2010 at 6:29 PM

Hi, first off - great components. Used it on my local machine - works like  a charm!

However, in my environment SSIS and SharePoint are on different machines.

How do I specify credentials to hit a remote SharePoint site? Is it possible at all with these components?

Oct 27, 2010 at 5:27 AM

Igor,
    I have a similar issue but i my scenario is a bit different has the list are on different servers and in a different domain.
If its just on a different server i think it should work.

Try adding adding a new connection manager i think its called SPCRED and you can use a custom credentials.
My own issue is that we aren't using Keberos and 'm getting error:

The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'Ntlm'. The authentication header received from the server was 'NTLM'.

Hope that helps

Nov 3, 2010 at 1:28 PM

Hi Naijcoder,

I think it isn't possible to use a custom credentials for the SharePoint adapters. The account to access to the SQL tables must be the same for the SharePoint site.

Coordinator
Feb 22, 2011 at 4:55 AM

There are a number of ways. One is to just use the current user and run the job in SQL using a Credential for whatever user you want. Then SSIS will just impersonate teh same account.

I've never had SharePoint and SSIS on the same machine, that is the primary scenario.

Feb 25, 2011 at 6:19 PM

Hi Kevin,

I am getting a message similar to naija and cannot seem to correct it.  My situation is as follows:  SQL Server / SSIS are on one machine in one domain.  The SharePoint server is on a different machine in a different domain.  I have a proxy and a credential set up so my other SQL Agent jobs (which run SSIS packages) can use my windows account instead of the Agent account - these jobs run fine.  I have a new SSIS package to transfer data from a SharePoint List to the SQL Server using the SharePoint Adapter.  Initially I could not get the package to work as I was using the FBA login for the SharePoint site but when I changed to a windows account provided by the client (in the different domain), I was able to manually run the package.  (BTW - I entered the new login information into the SharePoint Connection Manager.  It does not seem to stay in there when I open up the Manager but the package still seems to manually execute fine.)

Now when I try to schedule the package through SQL Agent utilizing the same proxy I get a message similar to naija's.  I cannot create a new credential / proxy as the user I have in the SSIS package is on a different domain and that domain does not show in the SQL Security section.  I would like to utilize SQL Agent to run this daily but if I cannot get this to go then I will have to find some other scheduler.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Andrew