Installed components not visible in "Choose Toolbox Items..."

Feb 1, 2011 at 4:41 PM
Edited Feb 1, 2011 at 5:12 PM

I've already seen several discussions about this topic, but none of them have helped.

I'm running 64-bit SQL Server 2008 R2, installed on the E: drive.  I've installed the SharePoint List Connector into "E:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\PipelineComponents" and it shows up there as SharePointListAdapters.dll [there's only one file - some posts were talking about two]

When I fire up BIDS, the SharePoint List Destination and Source are not offered on the "SSIS Data Flow Items" tab of "Choose Toolbox Items...".  I've installed the latest version of .Net Framework 3.1, rebooted, re-installed, and re-checked, but they're not there to choose?

Given that no one else is reporting this, I'm probably doing something obviously wrong. Suggestions?   Thanks.

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:18 PM
MarkHions wrote:

Given that no one else is reporting this, I'm probably doing something obviously wrong. Suggestions?   Thanks.

Yes, it was obvious.  I should have installed the components to the D: drive [where all the default items are installed] and not E: [where SQL was installed]

Thanks anyway.

Feb 15, 2011 at 11:54 PM

Thanks Mark,

That's it! You helped me a great deal by sharing this post.

- Alberto Ortoll