Share point list source error

Feb 3, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Hi

I am using the latest Sharepoint list source and I am still getting this below error when every trying to open list with ntext columns.

[SharePoint List Source [635]] Error: Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.DoesNotFitBufferException: The value is too large to fit in the column data area of the buffer.
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.PipelineBuffer.SetString(Int32 columnIndex, String value)
   at Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointListAdapters.SharePointListSource.PrimeOutput(Int32 outputs, Int32[] outputIDs, PipelineBuffer[] buffers)
   at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostPrimeOutput(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper100 wrapper, Int32 outputs, Int32[] outputIDs, IDTSBuffer100[] buffers, IntPtr ppBufferWirePacket)

Am i missing something here ?

Thanks & Regards,

Arif

Apr 18, 2012 at 3:37 AM

Hm, odd. Try changing the datatype in the advanced property to be DT_NTEXT for that column, vs string.  Unfortunately, i'd like to default it to DT_NTEXT, but the limiting nature of SSIS on NTEXT columns makes it better to keep it as a string and let you change to DT_NTEXT when needed.