How do I import Large Lists with SharePoint List Source adapter?

Feb 19, 2013 at 4:28 PM
Having issues trying to import a large SP list approx 7500 rows; I get the error, "Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointUtility.SharePointUnhandledException: Unspecified SharePoint Error. A possible reason might be you are trying to retrieve too many items at a time (Batch size)"
I have tried different batch sizes. Its currently down to 100 and I only have 8 - 10 columns.
As a test, I set up a filtered view on an index column and was able to import all 2000 rows from that view without issue. I'm sure it may be simple, but I can't put my finger on it.

Thanks,
Mar 7, 2013 at 2:53 PM
I don't know the answer to your question but the lists I have been bringing out atr 21 columns and 150,000 rows with a batch of 1,000 and the adapter coped fine.

It brought 355K rows in 34 minutes

Dave
Mar 8, 2013 at 11:03 PM
Thanks David,
How did you do it? can you step through the steps? Did you require a loop or use CAML query to set limits?
Could it be that you have no limit restrictions on your SharePoint list? is it 2010? and could you have god mode special permission to allow you to bypaas the 5000k limit? I can get it to work for list less then 5000K no problem.
Jan 10 at 10:59 PM
I know this is very late, but others may see this. The same error will occur if you have more than 8 columns that Microsoft considers lookup columns, which can include workflow status, people and others. I upped the central admin throttling to increase it and it worked for me after getting the above error for a while.
Jan 11 at 3:34 AM
Thanks Aarnz, unfortunately, I have no access to Central Admin. I will look at reducing the number of lookup columns in my list.