Adding Credential Support for SharePoint adapters (SSDS is a sample which uses user credentials)

Mar 3, 2009 at 12:36 PM
I'm using SharePointList adapters to communicate with a SharePoint list.
I need to access to my site by specifying user credentials. So I have installed on my SharePoint server
the SSDS adapters; then I have tried to create a SSDS connection manager by writing
the url of my site and the related user credentials and I have this error: Unable to connect to remote server.
I think that the authority is wrong! But what do I write? I have read that an authority id must be written.
What is the authority id of a SharePoint site? Do I have to create this id? How?
Many thanks
Mar 4, 2009 at 11:14 AM
An update: I have installed SDS Explorer (included in SDS Sdk) to create the authority of my SharePoint site.
Is it the right procedure? It seems that then I need to register this authority on Microsoft Azure site: is it right?
Thanks.
Mar 5, 2009 at 8:12 AM
No reply from the SSDS author?
I think that this topic could be interesting in order to do communicate SSDS with SharePoint. Thanks
Coordinator
Mar 17, 2009 at 7:47 PM
In case someone else sees this thread, SSDS and SharePoint are two different endpoints. Originally it was suggested to implement credentials in the SharePoint adapter, and SSDS was pointed at for a sample for how this could be done.  There was a miscommunication on the role of the SSDS in providing a sample for using credentials.  Using SSDS for SharePoint itself is not necessary as you can make a dataflow for one to talk to the other if you needed to, and you would not USE ssds for credentials to SharePoint.
I'm going to change the title to more reflect the intent of this discussion.