Spaces separating characters appear in text stream[DT_TEXT] source

Mar 7, 2009 at 12:22 AM
The values for the fields defined in Sharepoint list source as DT_Text ( multuple lines of text in Sharepoint ) appear w the spaces within the values in both data preview on the destination ( Flat File or OLE DB)
and in the output after the transformation has been completed, for example: " A l t h o u g h   o u r   d e p a r t m e n t   h a s   h a s...."
What is the way to fix it  ? I understand I can run the data though the script component to remove all these spaces but wondering if there is better way to address this.

Thanks

Alex

Mar 11, 2009 at 6:12 AM
Hmm, I haven't experienced this. Could you export your list to excel and attach it so that I can try to repro?
Mar 11, 2009 at 5:41 PM
Hi Kevin - is there a way I can send you the .xls directly ?

thx,

Alex

Mar 13, 2009 at 1:08 AM
Now - it is getting more interesting:  As  I have changed the data type for external column of the Sharepoint list source to be   DT_WSTR Length(1) instead of DT_TEXT  -
Im getting the values w/o spaces and in their full length in flat file destination. Any comments here ?
Mar 17, 2009 at 5:13 AM
Yeah~2c~26nbsp~3b I have an issue in the adapter I isolated today. I had an issue getting something to work before~2c so i did a workaround which didn~27t work very well.~26nbsp~3b The data will work as a WSTR~2c but if it is longer than 4000 chars~2c it will be truncated. I~27m planning to get a release together for tomorrow which will make it as an NTEXT which should resolve this issue.~3cbr /~3e
Mar 17, 2009 at 7:43 PM
This bug has been fixed. Grab the latest version.