Sharepoint List Adapters won't install

Jul 17, 2009 at 1:53 PM

I've run the msi a number of times but the adapters are not being installed. I'm running .Net Framework 3.5 SP1 with SQL Server 2008 64-bit. I run through the setup, everything appears to work, the confirmation box at the end of the setup displays a message to say that the adapters have installed successfully but there's nothing. If I run the setup a second time it allows me to choose to repair or remove. If I choose to repair I get a message to say the adapters have been installed but they still do not display in the toolbox or the SSIS Data Flow items tab. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Sep 29, 2009 at 6:14 AM

It sounds like the components are not going to the proper folder for the pipeline components. Are you still having this issue?

Dec 8, 2009 at 3:32 AM
Edited Dec 8, 2009 at 5:28 AM

I am having the same issue. I am running Server 2008 on a VM and I used the msi installer. Installer says its completed successfully but there are no sharepoint list destinations or sources in my visual studio 2008 toolbox. Any suggestions?

I have previously been using the 2005 sharepoint adapters on a VM and they worked like a treat. 

I am trying to migrated the 2005 SSIS package (that uses the adapters) to a 2008 solution, but I can't even see the tools when I open a brand new SSIS Solution.

Kevinidzi, you mentioned that they might not be going to the proper folders, can you elaborate more on this?

Dec 8, 2009 at 5:31 AM
Scratch that, I found the issue. In VS 2008 you have to enable them in your toolbox.... Right-Click in your toolbox (say under 'Data Flow Sources' Select [Choose Items...] Go to the [SSIS Data Flow Items] tab Srcoll down and check the [SharePoint List Source] Done and dusted!