Sharepoint Adapter for SSIS is not working

Jun 29, 2015 at 10:36 PM
Edited Jun 29, 2015 at 10:37 PM
Hi all,

I tried to install SharePointListAdapterSetup_x64.msi multiple times (and x86 version as well on other times) but I cannot see Sharepoint related task items in SSIS.

I 'm using:
  • SQL Server 2012 with .NET framework 4.0
  • Visual Studio 2010 with .NET framework 4.5
I cannot see the SharePointadapter dll under "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL" nor "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\PipelineComponents"

I also cannot see "SSIS Data Flow Items" and "SSIS Control Flow Items" tabs in Visual Studio when I select Tools>Choose Toolbox Items

When I try to reinstall the dll by running the msi file, it says it is already installed. So I removed/reinstalled it many times and no matter how many times I restart the SSMS and VS I cannot seem to make it work.

Any suggestions?
Coordinator
Jun 30, 2015 at 1:31 AM
I tried to install SharePointListAdapterSetup_x64.msi multiple times (and x86 version as well on other times) but I cannot see Sharepoint related task items in SSIS.
SharepointListAdapter are two data flow components, you should find them in data flow components list of SSIS toolbox
I cannot see the SharePointadapter dll under "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\assembly\GAC_MSIL" nor "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\110\DTS\PipelineComponents"
Firstly please make sure the registry key "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\110\SSIS\Setup\DTSPath" exists.
Also, have you tried to click on "Custom" on "Choose Setup Type" page? Using Custom setup, the installer will list all available components and you can select which components to install.
I also cannot see "SSIS Data Flow Items" and "SSIS Control Flow Items" tabs in Visual Studio when I select Tools>Choose Toolbox Items
These steps is only for SSIS 2008, for 2012, you can directly see the components in the SSIS toolbox.