Delimited File Reader Source for SSIS 2005

Oct 8, 2009 at 2:33 PM

I would really like to use the Delimited File Reader Source but I can't seem to make it appear in my toolbox in Visual Studio 2005.  We do not have SQL Server 2008. 

I have tried manually adding the dll to the gacutil.  I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling to the SQL Server\90\DTS\PipelineComponents but it still doesn't appear.

Suggestions?  Will this work or is there another download I can get for 2005?  Thanks in advance.

Coordinator
Oct 8, 2009 at 10:14 PM

Hello,

This project only supports SQL Server 2008. For 2005, you'd need to modify the source code, and re-compile. I believe there are a couple of other posts on this site that describe the steps on how to do it.

You can see the steps needed to convert extensions from 2005 to 2008 (http://blogs.msdn.com/mattm/archive/2008/02/01/custom-extensions-in-sql-server-2008.aspx) ... 2008 ->2005 would be the reverse steps.

~Matt

Oct 9, 2009 at 3:53 PM

Matt, thanks so much!!  I was able to get it to work with 2005 using the instructions you linked.

Jul 15, 2010 at 2:44 AM

can you show me how you did it? I did

step1: change references

step2: change all xxx100 to xxx90

step3: then recompile/build

step4:copy .dll to program files...

still i could not get it to work.

thanks

Jul 15, 2010 at 7:16 AM

I am finally able to add the component to my toolbox. However, get a new error message:

Could not load type: Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.DelimitedFileReader.DelimitedFileReaderComponentUI, DelimitedFileReader, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=933a2c7edf82ac1f. Verify that the component editor is installed properly.  (Microsoft Visual Studio)

===================================

Could not load file or assembly 'DelimitedFileReader, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=933a2c7edf82ac1f' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. (mscorlib)

------------------------------
Program Location:

at System.RuntimeTypeHandle._GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean loadTypeFromPartialName)
   at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.GetTypeByName(String name, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.RuntimeType.PrivateGetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase, Boolean reflectionOnly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
   at System.Type.GetType(String typeName, Boolean throwOnError)
   at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Design.DtsComponentDesigner.GetComponentUI()

can anybody help? Thanks