SP List Destination 0x8102001c

Jan 29, 2010 at 10:52 PM

There is a discussion item closed over a year ago that had same error,  fixed apparantly by using en-us local in all cases.

In my case I am using OLE DB Source (from SQL) to SharePoint List Destination. 2 columns have [DT_DBTIMESTAMP] DataType. This produces error :

"[SharePoint List Destination] Error: Error on row ID="1": 0x8102001c - Invalid Date/Time value in the data being updated."

and 3 others that are the result of the first one...

Other discussions with topic of SharePoint via web services: how to pass a date? seem to indicate the format SharePoint wants is ("yyyy-MM-ddTHH:mm:ssZ").

Using a grid data viewer, the format I'm seeing is intirely different from either the format in SQL, or what SharePoint wants. Trying a data conversion in SSIS to [DT_DBDATE] is not only totally fruitless, the data format and contents is unchanged in the data viewer output. For example the column Hire_Date is populted in the format "6/15/2009 12:00:00 AM", the data type converted column HireDate is identical even though the data type value is set to the aforementioned [DT_DBDATE].

So a little help here please, what can I do in SQL, or SSIS to make a SharePoint List not barf on recieving a datetime field?

Thanks!

/Robin

Feb 4, 2010 at 8:02 PM
Edited Feb 4, 2010 at 8:03 PM

Further research shows SharePoint wants ISO8601 datetime format, so that boils this question down to how to use SQL or SSIS to convert DT_DBTIMESTAMP format to ISO8601 YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss.sTZD

/Robin

Feb 10, 2010 at 10:23 PM

Mia Mega Coulpa!

I used the "LastPrinted" column in MOSS thinking it was the last name as printed, as apposed to last phonetic... turns out the data type of last printed is.... yes you guessed it datetime! The error was correct. I was trying to ship LastName ( a string) from SQL into a datetime field!

I post the humiliating truth here, in case it may help others...

< heavy sigh!>

/Robin

Mar 3, 2010 at 6:07 PM

Thank you for the followup, I was surprised to see issues with the date/time still popping up.