1
Vote

Exception deserializing the package "The package failed to load due to error 0xC0011008 "Error loading from XML.

description

Using SSDT-BI for 2012 with all available updates applied and a fresh copy of the Sharepoint List Connector, I get the exception pasted below. However, when I run it with dtexec, it executes normally.

SharePointListSurce version:

Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointListAdapters.SharePointListSource, SharePointListAdapters, Version=1.2012.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=f4b3011e1ece9d47

Exception information:

Exception deserializing the package "The package failed to load due to error 0xC0011008 "Error loading from XML. No further detailed error information can be specified for this problem because no Events object was passed where detailed error information can be stored.". This occurs when CPackage::LoadFromXML fails.

". (Microsoft Visual Studio)

Program Location:

at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Project.DataTransformationsPackageDebugger.LaunchVsDebugger(IVsDebugger iVsDebugger, DataTransformationsProjectConfigurationOptions options)
at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Project.DataTransformationsPackageDebugger.ValidateAndRunDebugger(Int32 flags, IOutputWindow outputWindow, DataTransformationsProjectConfigurationOptions options)

at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Project.DtsPackagesFolderProjectFeature.ExecuteTaskOrPackage(ProjectItem prjItem, String taskPath)

The package failed to load due to error 0xC0011008 "Error loading from XML. No further detailed error information can be specified for this problem because no Events object was passed where detailed error information can be stored.". This occurs when CPackage::LoadFromXML fails.

(Package1)

Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Wrapper.IDTSProject100.GetPackageByName(String bstrPackageStreamName)
at Microsoft.DataTransformationServices.Project.DebugEngine.DtsProgramNode.CreateRuntimePackageInternal(IDtsHost& host, Process& process, Package& dtsPackage)

comments

gbritton wrote Jan 14, 2016 at 2:41 PM

I discovered that this release does not support 64-bit operation. When I set Run64BitRuntime to False in the debugging config, it runs fine

GBRoux wrote Oct 3, 2016 at 8:15 AM

Thank you gbritton. That worked for me too