Sharepoint SSIS destination error - any ideas?

Jun 22, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?

Error: 0x0 at Data Flow Task, SharePoint List Destination: Error on row ID="1": 0x80020005 - Unspecified Error - Check SharePoint Server Logs if possible.

Error: 0xC0047062 at Data Flow Task, SharePoint List Destination [12638]: Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointListAdapters.PipelineProcessException: Errors detected in this component - see SSIS Errors

at Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointListAdapters.SharePointListDestination.ProcessInput(Int32 inputID, PipelineBuffer buffer)

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostProcessInput(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper90 wrapper, Int32 inputID, IDTSBuffer90 pDTSBuffer, IntPtr bufferWirePacket)

Error: 0xC0047022 at Data Flow Task: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PROCESSINPUTFAILED. The ProcessInput method on component "SharePoint List Destination" (12638) failed with error code 0x80131500. The identified component returned an error from the ProcessInput method. The error is specific to the component, but the error is fatal and will cause the Data Flow task to stop running. There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.

Error: 0xC0047021 at Data Flow Task: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_THREADFAILED. Thread "WorkThread1" has exited with error code 0x80131500. There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the thread has exited.

Information: 0x40043008 at Data Flow Task, DTS.Pipeline: Post Execute phase is beginning.

Information: 0x40043009 at Data Flow Task, DTS.Pipeline: Cleanup phase is beginning.

Information: 0x4004300B at Data Flow Task, DTS.Pipeline: "component "SharePoint List Destination" (12638)" wrote 0 rows.

Task failed: Data Flow Task

SSIS package "CreateNewTasks.dtsx" finished: Success.

The program '[3976] CreateNewTasks.dtsx: DTS' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Jun 24, 2010 at 5:06 AM

Those error codes (0x80020005) are direct from SharePoint. I translate some of them, but they're pretty vague and I do not do it for all. Doing a simple search on that though turned up this description:

"That error does mean that you are trying to query, change, or add to a given field but the data you are using does not match the type of that field."

So I would say in your update, the data you are trying to put into a field is not compatible with the field itself.  Often if you do a read from a list and destination back to the list, you can click on the line that connects the two boxes and add a data visualizer (like a data table of the values). So when you run it, you can see what it actually puts in that field. Often it may be different than what you expect which is why it may be blowing up.

Jun 24, 2010 at 1:14 PM
Exactly, I was trying to write a string to a "people group" "task group" that I did not realize was a "people group" type. Would be nice if we could get some error descriptions that give a clue, they are pretty vague. Hope this helps someone else.
Aug 3, 2010 at 7:49 AM

If you happen to run across a master list of error messages, feel free to let me know :) The ones i have in there were derived trial / error or through my own interactions. I never found a central list when i was making the component.