NTLM issue still exists after beta (connection manager)?

Jul 12, 2010 at 10:13 PM
Edited Jul 12, 2010 at 10:14 PM
I addded Sharepoint Destination List associating it to a SPCRED connection manager but when i run the package i get this:

[SharePoint List Destination 1 [2768]] Error: System.ServiceModel.Security.MessageSecurityException: The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'Ntlm'. The authentication header received from the server was 'NTLM'. ---> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

To me it looks like I do get connected to the external sharepoint list as in sp destination list component i see "external columns" getting loaded fine. what is missing here?
Coordinator
Jul 13, 2010 at 1:40 PM

Are you using a custom login/password?  

If you're using a credential manager, how are you setting the password for it during runtime? If ti works at designtime and not at runtime, I'm thinking that the password is not being set correctly for it.

Connection Managers are meant to be more secure, either the package is saved in SQL, or you have a connection file - it will not just save what is in the designer (username/password) and execute with it at runtime raw.

Kevin

Jul 13, 2010 at 2:02 PM
Edited Jul 13, 2010 at 2:03 PM

Thanks for replying, I am connecting to windows authenticated SharePoint site and I supplied the password during design time from UI, I did not know i have to setup password during runtime too. How can i setup runtime credentials? Also connection manager credentials dont save if I close the project and open again.