Sharepoint List Source - missing rows

Jul 16, 2010 at 7:09 AM

Hi, I try to use this method 'synchronize sql table with sharepoint list' (http://sqlsrvintegrationsrv.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=46800 ,the method explained by alizarondo) in order to copy some datas from Navision to a Sharepoint list.

It seems to work well, the first time, all the rows are created correctly into the sharepoint list.

But, the second time, the sharepoint list source connector doesn't take all the rows of the list, consequently, the missing items are created twice. The selected rows represent about the half of the list, but the rows are not following, it isn't the first part or the last part of the list. The content is almost the same for each rows, it doesn't seem to be due to special character or empty fileds.

I don't understand why all the rows are not read by the 'sharepoint list source' since everything seems to be correct when i look at the items in sharepoint. My list is composed of about ten fields and around 200 items.

Thanks for your help.

Jul 16, 2010 at 9:08 AM
Edited Jul 16, 2010 at 9:08 AM

Hi,

Sorry for the post, I've solved the problem; but it might help some other people:

Actually, I've noticed that the problem I described has appeared when I've activated the versionning in the parameter of the list.
And then the 'sharepoint list source' took only the rows with the last version number.

To solve the problem, i've changed the default value for CAML query <Query \> by

<Query>
 <Where>
  <IsNotNull>
   <FieldRef Name="_UIVersionString" />
  </IsNotNull>
 </Where>
</Query>

Now, all the rows are well selected and the synchronization is ok.

Coordinator
Aug 3, 2010 at 6:31 AM

That's pretty slick, are there any negative issues with that if the list does not have versioning enabled?

Aug 4, 2010 at 11:56 AM

Hi,

I've not tested but maybe not ; I'm not sure but I believe that the field _UIVersionString is always present even if we don't activate the versioning.