Timeout error for a Destination adapter execution

Sep 14, 2010 at 1:22 PM

Hi.

I have created a SSIS pkg with the SharePoint List Destination adapter. When I execute it (interactively or by the Agent)

I have this error:

[... [8036]] Error: System.TimeoutException: The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:01:00. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout. ---> System.TimeoutException: The HTTP request to 'http://preportelesvil:12600/_vti_bin/lists.asmx' has exceeded the allotted timeout of 00:01:00. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout. ---> System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelUtilities.ProcessGetResponseWebException(WebException webException, HttpWebRequest request, HttpAbortReason abortReason)    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.HttpChannelFactory.HttpRequestChannel.HttpChannelRequest.WaitForReply(TimeSpan timeout)    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---  Server stack trace:     at System.ServiceModel.Channels.RequestChannel.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)    at System.ServiceModel.Dispatcher.RequestChannelBinder.Request(Message message, TimeSpan timeout)    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs)    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)    at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)  Exception rethrown at [0]:     at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)    at Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointUtility.ListsService.ListsSoap.UpdateListItems(UpdateListItemsRequest request)    at Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointUtility.ListsService.ListsSoapClient.ListsService_ListsSoap_UpdateListItems(UpdateListItemsRequest request)    at Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointUtility.ListsService.ListsSoapClient.UpdateListItems(String listName, XElement updates)    at Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointUtility.Adapter.ListsAdapter.ExecuteSharePointUpdateBatch(String listName, String viewId, XElement batchXml, Int16 batchSize)    at Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointUtility.ListServiceUtility.UpdateListItems(Uri sharepointUri, String listName, String viewName, IEnumerable`1 fieldValueList, Int16 batchSize)    at Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointListAdapters.SharePointListDestination.ProcessInput(Int32 inputID, PipelineBuffer buffer)    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostProcessInput(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper90 wrapper, Int32 inputID, IDTSBuffer90 pDTSBuffer, IntPtr bufferWirePacket)

Any helps for me, please? Thanks

Sep 22, 2010 at 7:23 AM

I want to write an update about this issue.

To the SharePoint list is linked an event handler in order to set the authorizations about some item fields of the list.

This event handler is triggered when a item is added or modified to the SharePoint list.

Many thanks