Upgrading from 2005 version to 2008

Aug 4, 2011 at 11:36 AM

Good day.

I am planning to migrate my packages from 2005 sql server to 2008 sql server. Old packages are made very long time ago with a old version of this component(name "SharePointListAdaptersSetupForSqlServer2005.msi" version of SharePointListAdapters.dll 1.2005.0.0).

What is the best way to convert old packages to new version?

Aug 4, 2011 at 3:04 PM

Install the new adapters, then find/replace using a text editor inside the SSIS Package file "1.2005.0.0" with "".  Then it should open up as it did before in 2008.


Aug 5, 2011 at 5:13 PM

Thank you, it helped. I also changed public token to new one.

I have another question - how to use this "Connection Managers"? I have created new SPCRED connection, then have choosen it for each sharepoint destination and source component. It compiled.

But it don't work in debug. Error

The "runtime connection "Sharepoint Credential Connection" in the connection manager collection, Connections, of "component "one"" does not have a value for the ID property. Verify that the ConnectionManagerID property of the runtime connection object has been set for the component.


Aug 6, 2011 at 5:04 AM

Well, you might just want to try recreating the adapters, next to the old ones, copy the properties and remap the columns.

Aug 6, 2011 at 12:22 PM

Not really :D. There are a lot of mappings.

You think the problem is caused by upgrade of packages?

Aug 8, 2011 at 6:17 PM
Edited Aug 8, 2011 at 6:31 PM

Without access to your DTSX, I can only suggest things to 'remove' the outliers.  I'm not sure why there would be any other issue such as that, but since you are telling me of them, i am assuming there may be :)

Plus, if you used a really really old install of the sql 2005 adapters, there was a time when I was less consistent around the strong naming and some of the updates... so perhaps it is just not as compatible as the more recent sql 2005 adapters.


I made it harder on myself by keeping the version # the same and identifying by release dates :)  I am a bit worried around end user compatibility that doing so will throw off SSIS or some component upgrade. I may just need to update the minor # in future versions.

Aug 8, 2011 at 11:36 PM

One thing I noticed, which may clear this up the easiest, is to look in the toolbox for where you have the component (it might not be loaded, but that's OK)

In properties, look for a "CUstom Property", it might be something like this:

     Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointListAdapters.SharePointListSource, SharePointListAdapters, Version=1.2005.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=933a2c7edf82ac1f

Highlighted pieces are the most important. Next, drop a new adapter which will work onto the dataflow and look at that same property. You might find it has this in the property:

     Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointListAdapters.SharePointListSource, SharePointListAdapters, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=f4b3011e1ece9d47

After you find the difference, right-click on the DTSX and select "View Code", in the XML view, do a search replace giving it the top string and the below string  (changing the bold parts where needed).  Save and reopen. At some point, i think the Public key changed and has caused me a lot of pain.  (and others)

Aug 11, 2011 at 11:03 AM

Good day

kevindzi, thank you for your answers.

I did almost like you said, than i've got error mentioned earlier.

But after some researches i have found out, that i forgot to set connection manager for one of the components.

Now its working perfectly.

Thank you very much.

Aug 19, 2011 at 11:23 PM

Excellent!  Thank you for the support.  Changing the Version and PublicKeyToken in the XML solved the problem I was having. 

Sep 14, 2011 at 8:56 AM

I've added this to the FAQ page:


Thanks for helping work through this, others are having the same issue.