Dreaded timeout issue still in new version?

Sep 27, 2011 at 8:15 PM

We stopped using this because of the 1 minute timeout issue we kept running into sporadically.  

I saw there was a new version released and it appears from the release notes that this timeout issue was resolved as it was supposedly in the beta as well, however loading the Sept 10, 2011 version we are still seeing this random timeout issue.  How do we get past this?

Here's the error:

1073450910,0x,System.TimeoutException: The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:00:59.9800000. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout. ---> System.TimeoutException: The HTTP request to 'http://xxxxx/_vti_bin/views.asmx' has exceeded the allotted timeout of 00:01:00. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout. ---> System.Net.WebException: The operation has timed out

Oct 6, 2011 at 8:52 PM

The recent beta addresses a connection leak in regards to using the Views for a list.  I have the notes in the issue section, for review and validation.

Oct 12, 2011 at 11:27 PM

I found the wrong sharepointutility DLL was being packaged, I made a beta release with the corrected version.

Oct 13, 2011 at 7:12 PM

Kevin, thanks for the update, we'll check it out.  We have also tried testing hitting the sharepoint web services directly and also consuming data via XML using the owssrv.dll and we are finding that these other methods also timeout periodically so this might be a list / environment related issue and not necessarily an issue with the list adapter.  We are still experimenting, will report our findings.