Slow Insert to SharePoint Destination

Mar 4, 2012 at 4:36 AM

Hi,

I am experiencing slow insert from a Sql Server table into SharePoint List. Roughly I can only get data transferred 3,600 rows per hour. Total records are 12,000. Columns aren't big, only 10 columns. Batch size is 80. If I make it bigger to 200 or 100, I get ProtocolException error:

Error: System.ServiceModel.ProtocolException: The content type text/html; charset=utf-8 of the response message does not match the content type of the binding (text/xml; charset=utf-8). If using a custom encoder, be sure that the IsContentTypeSupported method is implemented properly.

Appreciate for any suggestions to tune this. Thanks.

Apr 18, 2012 at 3:31 AM

Are there any sort of 'actions' triggered to events on the SharePoint side?  Try inserting into a new empty list and see if you get the same results.  My guess something else is happening on every insert (workflow, etc) causing it to bog down.  Also, does the data need to be inserted? Perhaps you can load an existing row and update it vs doing the easier (but slower) method of delete old / insert new.

Apr 18, 2012 at 4:28 AM
Yes, in effect it caused the insert to queue up. Once I disabled it, it is business as usual Smile

To: [email removed]
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 19:31:14 -0700
Subject: Re: Slow Insert to SharePoint Destination [SQLSrvIntegrationSrv:347209]

Are there any sort of 'actions' triggered to events on the SharePoint side? Try inserting into a new empty list and see if you get the same results. My guess something else is happening on every insert (workflow, etc) causing it to bog down. Also, does the data need to be inserted? Perhaps you can load an existing row and update it vs doing the easier (but slower) method of delete old / insert new.
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (SQLSrvIntegrationSrv@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email SQLSrvIntegrationSrv@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com