SharePoint List Source not returning records

Aug 31, 2012 at 8:13 PM

There is no error message. All fields are visible and have been mapped but no records are loaded. Please direct me to possible issues. thanks!

Dec 16, 2012 at 7:33 PM

Were you able to resolve this, I am facing the same issue. No error but no records are loaded from list. The wierd thing is it loads when I run locally but when scheduled on the server as a sql job, it loads no records. Would appreciate help to resolve this.

Jan 23, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Odd - all I can think of is the credential you are using in production for accessing the SP List has no access to see the records in the list.  when you run it locally, it's under your name - if you run it as a job, it might be under a service account or something more restricted. 

Feb 27, 2013 at 8:06 AM
Edited Feb 27, 2013 at 8:12 AM
I have the same problem too, no error but no data is read. I have put the farm admin user and password in the connection manager but I am running the package from BIDS installed on the sql server while logged in with another account. There aren't any item-level premissions. This message shows in the progress tab.

[SharePoint List Source] Information: Loaded 0 records from list 'listname' at 'url'. Elapsed time is 190ms

any suggestions ?
Mar 28, 2014 at 2:28 PM
Edited Mar 28, 2014 at 2:45 PM
I've been having this same problem. I have a Calendar list which has the same permissions as another Custom List. The Custom List will return 122 records but the Calendar list will return 0 even though it has items. I'm running both in Visual Studio 2012 so the user accessing the list should be the same.

To figure out the difference between the two I checked the SharePoint Logs which show the XML that was passed to request the data.

I found that my Calendar list was using the GetListItems method while my Project list was uing the GetListAndView method even though I had not specified the SiteListViewName for either one of them. After setting the SiteListViewName to All Events for my Calendar I was able to see rows returned. So a possible fix is to set an explicit list view in order to get the rows correctly returned.