Moving the Package to another Server

Apr 11, 2009 at 4:52 PM
Hi Kevin,

I have Installed SharepointListAdaptersSetupforSQLServer2005 in my machine. I am using SQL Server 2005 and my production and QA servers are SQL Server 2005. I have created the package in BIDS and I can pull the data from the sharepoint.

I need to insert the records to a SQL Table, I know this is possible.

Here is my question.

1. I need to push this package to the QA and Production Servers. First to QA server next week, then a SQL Agent Job need to created and schedule it. Do I need to install the SharepointListAdaptersSetupforSQLServer2005 in QA and Production inorder to make this job execute sucessfully.

I am not sure If the server team is going to support this installation.

Looking for your response.

Thanks in Advance and Appreciate your Help
Balaji
Apr 15, 2009 at 7:46 AM
For my experience, you need the SharepointListAdaptersSetupforSQLServer2005.msi onto the server that hosts your SSIS packages that read from/write to SharePoint.
Bye
Apr 16, 2009 at 1:46 PM
Hi, have you solved the issue?
Apr 17, 2009 at 2:57 AM
No Not yet, I spoke with the team here who manages the QA and Prod server. They are not ready to install SharepointListAdaptersSetupforSQLServer2005 on the servers, that might require several approvals. But they are fine to copy any .dll to the folders in QA & Prod servers. Let me know what are the required files that need to copied inorder to execute this package
Apr 17, 2009 at 5:08 PM
Kevin (and everybody),

I am in the same situation. I have the list adapter working very well in development. We now need to deploy this in our QA and Prod environments. The QA and prod servers have very little "client" software installed.

Could you please describe the procedure for deploying a working package to a fairly locked-down server? What are the dependencies?

I am using an SSIS package configuration to contain the URL and List name, but when the package executes, I receive the error
"Error: 2009-04-17 11:59:37.42
   Code: 0xC00490F7
   Source: DFT - SharePoint List Import DFT - SharePoint List Import (SharePoint List Source [378])
   Description: The managed pipeline component "Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointListAdapters.SharePointListSource, SharePointListAdapters, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=933a2c7edf82ac1f" could not be loaded.  The exception was: Could not load file or assembly 'SharePointListAdapters, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=933a2c7edf82ac1f' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified..
End Error"

I am thinking it's just a case of dropping the file into the GAC, no?

I recognize that there's a Disclaimer associated with this code (that it's not intended for production), but I'd still like to tap into the community's experience if possible.

Thanks for the previous hotfix and responses, too.

Regards,

Tom
Apr 22, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Kevin/Others,

Can you give us the solution for this.

Thanks

Balaji

 

Apr 22, 2009 at 7:44 PM
Greetings all -

FWIW, we just ran this normal install on the server that is running the package, and it's working.

We had to open the package in BIDS and revalidate, but I am not sure if that was related to the SP List Adapter or not - I wasn't the admin that ultimately deployed this.

It's working. Client is happy. Life is good.

Thanks, everyone.

Tom