SharePoint Adapter - A possible reason might be you are trying to retrieve too many items at a time (Batch size)

Jul 9, 2014 at 8:34 PM
I build a package in 2008 and I'm getting below error. It's working fine with 2000 records but not working with 32k. I have removed unwanted columns from input & output section and put 32 bit. But still not working, though I have full permissions on this SharePoint list

Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointUtility.SharePointUnhandledException: Unspecified SharePoint Error. A possible reason might be you are trying to retrieve too many items at a time (Batch size) ---> System.ServiceModel.FaultException: Exception of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SoapServer.SoapServerException' was thrown.
Jul 11, 2014 at 4:10 PM
We're having the same issue since last Thursday. We are looking at updates on the relevant servers because nothing else has changed.
Aug 27, 2014 at 2:27 PM
I've had the same problem with a list of 65.000 items.
This is the only way that worked:
Step 1: Get the ID column only, it will work even with large lists - save them to sql-table
Step 2: Use the ID-Table to loop through the large sharepoint list and use a caml-query with a WHERE clause on the ID column
something like this:
<Where><And><Geq><FieldRef Name='ID' /><Value Type='Counter'>750</Value></Geq><Lt><FieldRef Name='ID' /><Value Type='Counter'>1501</Value></Lt></And></Where></Query>
In my scenario I get 750 items at once... (don't forget to put the column-list of all the columns you want to get in the caml-statement.)