SharePointUtility.dll (to fix NTLM issue)

Feb 10, 2016 at 1:21 PM
I am using SharePointListAdpater with my SSIS package to connect to the SharePoint site. While executing the package I get an error,

"The HTTP request is unauthorized with client authentication scheme 'Negotiate'. the authentication header received from the server was 'NTLM'..."

I have downloaded the SharePointUtility.dll file that is supposed to fix the NTLM issue (released on Sep 16, 2015). Do I need to replace the existing SharePointUtility.dll file in SharePointListAdapterSetup_x64.msi with the one I downloaded?

If yes, how do I do that?
If no, where do I update the file?

Please help...

Thanks,
Ashar
Mar 4, 2016 at 2:29 PM
I have the same issue, When I try to register dll in ssis server its fail. What I have to do with this SharePointUtility.dll
May 5, 2016 at 4:52 PM
Same issue, how to use the SharePointUtility.dll to fix the NTLM issue?
May 5, 2016 at 5:35 PM
Hello Guys,

Don't mean to hijack the thread - but looks like you are a step further than I am. Per my other post, I am using Visual Studio 2013 and have MS Data Tools installed. I downloaded the SharePoint adapter but I do not get the SSIS tab in the toolkit menu. Any suggestions?
May 5, 2016 at 10:13 PM
My issue was related to the custom credentials, I had to use a config file to pass the credentials and it worked fine.
May 7, 2016 at 3:27 PM
If you are using only for read, you can use OFeed datasource en DT is a free component from Microsoft
May 25, 2016 at 11:29 PM
hi there, would you mind explaining exactly how to use the config file to pass credentials? Sorry not very well versed in this stuff but trying to get this list adapter to work.
May 25, 2016 at 11:29 PM
mmmarcius wrote:
My issue was related to the custom credentials, I had to use a config file to pass the credentials and it worked fine.
hi there, would you mind explaining exactly how to use the config file to pass credentials? Sorry not very well versed in this stuff but trying to get this list adapter to work.
May 26, 2016 at 4:31 PM
Hi jasonchang, assuming you are using VS2010 or later, you can have the credentials on an XML file (username and password to authenticate on the SP site that hosts the list). If you right click the Control Flow tab, go to Package Configurations, Add, set the file name and click on the checkbox under Connection Managers/Your SP Connection/Properties - choose name and password. You need to edit the XML file created to set the correct authentication information.