SharePointListAdapter for SQL2016 is released!

Developer
Nov 21, 2016 at 2:40 AM
Hi all,

Sorry for the long wait. Now it's coming!

I am pleased to announce that SharePointListAdapter for SQL2016 is released! Now you can leverage on this adapter to design packages connecting to SharePoint list running on SQL Server 2016! What's more, it can perfectly support SSIS one designer (SSDT2015)! You can get the msi at here:
https://sqlsrvintegrationsrv.codeplex.com/downloads/get/1619517

Here is the changelog:
  1. Add support for SQL2016
  2. Integrate the SharepointUtility.dll that do not have NTLM issue into the msi, so that customers don't need to manually GAC it
  3. Add extension map file of SharepointListAdapter for SQL2014 and SQL2016
  4. Add upgrade mapping file of SharepointListAdapter for SQL2012, SQL2014 and SQL2016
  5. Fix an issue in SSIS on designer (SSDT2015) that when targeting SQL2012 or SQL2014, drag & drop a sharepoint list source or destination into designer will cause an exception
Please let me know if you have any feedback or requirements. Enjoy!
Nov 29, 2016 at 8:54 PM
Just started using this and its working ok for the moment.

General question, how does one go about troubleshooting issues where data types don't match between source and destination? The errors are too generic in SSIS to tell me which column is the problem. I have 209 columns and its VERY difficult to try and figure out where the issue might be found. Hints or Help appreciated.

[SharePoint List Source [421]] Error: Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.DoesNotFitBufferException: The value is too large to fit in the column data area of the buffer.
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.PipelineBuffer.SetString(Int32 columnIndex, String value)
at Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointListAdapters.SharePointListSource.PrimeOutput(Int32 outputs, Int32[] outputIDs, PipelineBuffer[] buffers)
at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Pipeline.ManagedComponentHost.HostPrimeOutput(IDTSManagedComponentWrapper100 wrapper, Int32 outputs, Int32[] outputIDs, IDTSBuffer100[] buffers, IntPtr ppBufferWirePacket)

[SSIS.Pipeline] Error: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_PRIMEOUTPUTFAILED. The PrimeOutput method on SharePoint List Source returned error code 0x80131600. The component returned a failure code when the pipeline engine called PrimeOutput(). The meaning of the failure code is defined by the component, but the error is fatal and the pipeline stopped executing. There may be error messages posted before this with more information about the failure.
Developer
Dec 1, 2016 at 6:17 AM
Hi Hikmer,

For the error column information, we already have an improvement in SQL2016. Please refer to this blog form more details:
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/ssis/2015/11/27/error-column-improvements-for-ssis-data-flow-updated-for-rc2/

Thanks,
Bo
Dec 12, 2016 at 4:28 PM
Thanks for the reply, why can't it just be part of the error message in SSIS? This needs to be WAY EASIER, folks really don't have the time to mess around with these advanced settings. This adapter should have been part of the formal SSIS release by now and no longer a side project that is VERY hard to use. Sorry but that is an honest review of this product after years of struggling to use it.
Dec 21, 2016 at 11:33 PM
Chrome and Firefox tell me that the download is malicious. Anyone else see this?
Dec 28, 2016 at 10:26 AM
elmendoza wrote:
Chrome and Firefox tell me that the download is malicious. Anyone else see this?
I have the very same issue. False Positive?