Https for SiteUrl

Sep 6, 2009 at 7:33 PM

My site uses HTTPS so I get an error System.ServiceModel.Security.MessageSecurityExceptio: The HTTP request is unauthorised with client authentication schems 'Ntlm'

I do not see a way to tell the domain\user and password or anything like that

So I can I use the SharePoint Source and destination?

Coordinator
Sep 29, 2009 at 5:54 AM

The tool works with HTTPS.  If you get that error, there is another thread on this as well.  I've seen a workaround (not sure why it does this) where the Host Header on the IIS box throws it for a loop for some reason.  The workaround is to not use the Host name in the URL, but the server name + port.  Try that and see if it works.

It's already using your NTLM credentials of the executing user - so that is not the problem, it's sort of a bad error message from WCF where it gets confused or something.  I haven't been able to find out why.

The only SP sites I use in production are SSL sites, so I know it works with SSL.

Sep 29, 2009 at 2:43 PM

I use 64.74.99.56:443/MPS/Sales for SiteUrl

And I get an error Invalid URI: The URI scheme is not valid

and using intranet.sprinc.com:443/MPS/Sales give the error of Sharpoint URL Scheme is not recognized

Coordinator
Sep 29, 2009 at 10:37 PM

Try adding a http:// in front of that.

Sep 29, 2009 at 11:05 PM

Now it is asking to increase the timeout (after 59 seconds) where do you do that?

Coordinator
Oct 13, 2009 at 7:49 AM

Hm, you shouldn't have to do that.  If you enter that exact URL into the Browser, I assume it brings up your site?  Try appending this to your site url: 

/_vti_bin/lists.asmx

If you get a webservice page, then your root url (before the first slash above) is what needs to go in the config.

Nov 8, 2012 at 10:05 AM

I have tried the workaround with the server name, but it is unfortunately refusing the connection.

"The target machine is actively refusing it"