Problem Exporting SP List to SQL using adapters

Sep 10, 2009 at 4:10 PM

I am attempting to export a Sharepoint list to A SQL table , utilising the Sharepoint List adapters . My problem is that the majority of the column names from the list translate as A GUID and not the true name when previewing the export . However when I edit the list in a data edit and expor to Access the true column names are retained in the process. As I will be creating a few of these I dont want to have to rename all the mappings manually . Any suggestions

Coordinator
Sep 29, 2009 at 5:50 AM

Hm, how did you create the list where it put in all of those Guids?  

You cannot control how it pulls the name, it pulls both the actual column name for mapping purposes (the actual key which never changes) and the display name for display purposes.  You can rename them manually, as you mention it can be a pain with a lot of columns. However, if you do rename them, and need to refresh the columns, you will not have to rename them again - as it will remember what you renamed them to. 

If anyone knows how Access is getting the clean name, that would be helpful and I would be fine with submitting a change to do that.