Updating site column with multiple values in share point list destination

Oct 5, 2009 at 5:01 PM

Hi-

We are implementing sharepoint to store a media gallery in which our analysts can upload pictures and choose from a list of topic tags. These topic tags are pulled from a site column list with multiple choices. If the analyst uploads the pictures one at a time, they can check off all of the topic tags for the image. However, during a bulk upload of pictures through Sharepoint, you cannot apply these tags to all photos.

So I am working on a utility which they can upload the images and the SSIS sharepoint list destination will apply all tags to all items uploaded. The only problem is I cannot figure out how to do this. I can get the item to be tagged with one item, if I try a comma separated list or semi-colon separated list, it only picks up the first one. The data type for the multiple choice lists is DT_NTEXT, and through a Derived column, I take the string and convert it to DT_NTEXT. Is there a way that i can create this string and convert it to DT_NTEXT so that the image will be tagged with all the choices that are wanted?

Thanks.

Oct 13, 2009 at 7:44 AM

How are you creating a separated list? One thing to keep in mind is that the delmited list is actually 2 elements each.. ID/Name;ID/Name .. Name can be blank in the case where you are updating and giving an ID, but you have to have the space for the name.  You can't just do ID;ID;ID