SSIS: SharePoint List Source and Destination + SoapServerException

Nov 19, 2009 at 5:55 PM

This is probably a real silly question, but since I have not found it in a FAQ or any where in discussion, I'll ask it here.

After installing the SharePoint List Source and Destination msi, I added the tools to the data aflow toolbox, dragged a SharePoint List Source object onto the design surface and opened the Advanced Editor.

I added a SiteUrl and SiteListName, leaving the SiteListViewName blank, and I get an "Error at Data Flow Task [SharePoint List Source[21]]

Microsoft.Samples.SqlServer.SSIS.SharePointUtility.SharePointUnhandledException: Unhandled SharePoint Exception ----> System.ServiceModel.FaultException: Exception of type 'Microsoft.SharePoint.SoapServer.SoapServerException' was thrown.

I think I'm using the correct syntax for the SiteUrl and SiteListName values.... namely SiteUrl is http://sitename/ and the list name is relative "/collaborate/listname"

any clues gratefully recieved..






Nov 22, 2009 at 5:50 PM

somehow managed to create a new discussion item rather than replying to this one. This discussion item is fixe with the correct use of siteurl and sitelistname syntax. The example that unlocked the mystery for me is

Thanks to those who made this tool available and others who have written on it.